The Buro daily: today's news in 2 minutes
1. Stefano Pilati is exiting Zegna
After three years as the head of design for Ermenegildo Zegna Couture, Pilati has resigned, with his recently presented A/W '16 collection to be his last.
2. Two Australian volcanos have erupted
The country's only two active volcanoes - the Big Ben on Heard Island, sub-Antarctica, and another on the nearby McDonald Islands, erupted overnight. It's the first time the Big Ben volcano has erupted in decades.
3. The fallout of yesterday's High Court ruling that offshore processing and detention is lawful continues
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull refuses to soften the government's policy, which could send 267 people, including women and 91 children, back to Nauru.
4. Australian scientists may have found a solution for Zika virus
A team researching dengue fever believe their findings may be used to help combat the mosquito-born Zika virus sweeping South America. The World Health Organisation (WHO) declared a state of Public Health Emergency of International Concern on February 1 regarding the virus, which can cause serious birth defects in babies whose mothers are infected.
5. Roger Federer faces a month off court after serious knee surgery
After he was injured during his semi-final defeat by Novak Djokovic in Melbourne on Sunday night, the 34-year-old Grand Slam champion was flown to Switzerland for arthroscopic knee surgery, which sees him unable to play for one month.
6. Riccardo Tisci is collaborating again with Nike
The Givenchy creative director has reworked the Nike Dunk Lux High sneaker. No word yet on whether it will be available in Australia; watch this space for more details.
Buro 24/7 Selection