1. The store, located at 144 Pitt Street mall, marks the brand's 500th opening worldwide. That's a lot of glassware...
2. The gorgeous 500sqm space is spread across two levels and includes bedding, table and bath linens, furniture, tableware, cutlery, loungewear, bath and body (including some delicious smelling candles and home fragrances), plus a squeal-inducing Zara Home Kids range.
Related story: First look: H&M Home comes to Sydney
3. Zara Home has also today launched the e-commerce site zarahome.com/au - the first in the Southern Hemisphere. Nice.
4. In line with the rest of the world, Zara Home will showcase two collections a year. Like the fashion side of the Zara business, the store will receive twice weekly drops of fresh product - just to keep your credit card busy, you know?
Related story: Linen dreams: In Bed launch summer sleepwear
5. So what should one expect? Think elegant, modern trend-driven pieces in lots of earthy, neutral tones. While some furnishings err on the French country side of the decorating spectrum, others are shabby chic, nautical-inspired or scandi-style - and, as we've come to expect from Zara, everything is reasonably priced.