Australian supermodel Elyse Taylor spills her exercise and diet secrets
What she really eats
So when it comes to getting a bikini-ready bod fast, 28-year-old Elyse Taylor knows how it's done. She dropped 20 kilos and went back to work just six months after giving birth - launching straight into stripping down for the Bonds 100th anniversary campaign.
We asked the Victoria's Secret, Dolce & Gabbana and Tommy Hilfiger model to talk us through her eating and exercise regimen - and luckily for us, it's easier than you might think.
1. What kind of training do you do before a big bikini shoot or runway show? And what do you eat?
I love swimming, I find it helps me keep a long lean body. I also do leg weights and low impact workouts. I try my best to follow the blood type diet; it's the only eating plan that I've tried that works.
Related story: 100 years of an Aussie icon (plus, hot models in underwear)
2. What's your average day on plate?
In the mornings I have an egg white omelette with spinach and a black coffee. For lunch or dinner I'll have a salad with lamb, fish or poached chicken. For any snacks through the day I eat an apple or a banana.
3. Do you have any secret training tips you've picked up?
There's no real secret - you just need to do what works for you and is right for your body type. It's also important to enjoy your workout and stay active as much as possible throughout the day.
4. What's your favourite workout and why?
Swimming is my favourite workout as it's good for my knees and back. After only 40 minutes of training I feel fresh and revived.
5. Which exercises do you hate doing the most?
I least like doing sit-ups as I have a lower back injury. I'm also not a fan of lunges as I have bad knees from an accident.
6. What are your top tips for toning your butt and getting a flat stomach, sculpting arms and slimming thighs?
Cross training is one of the best ways to exercise all parts of your body.
7. You're friends with a lot of other top models - do you share fitness tips?
I try to take advice from a personal trainer as they have insight into your body type and how you'll best respond to types of training. Trainer Justin Gelband [the founder of Model Fit] transformed my body after giving birth.
Related story: Are you a vendo victim? 4 ways to beat the 3pm slump
8. What's the one thing that most model workout routines have in common?
They work out frequently and stay focused on what they eat. I think models also like exercises that assist in elongating and toning the body rather than building muscle.
Elyse Taylor has just launched a new website: edition-ny.com.
Buro 24/7 Selection
Buro 24/7 Selection